After a week of hustle & bustle, and yesterday's 4 mile run with speedwork, leg weights and 4 mile hike at Lapham Peak, I was bone tired this morning, barely able to imagine running the 5 miles slotted for a meeting with the treadmill at 4:30a.m. And then I remembered it was my interview day, and convinced myself that I would need the energy and vivacity the run would feed me throughout the day - giving me the ability to razzle-dazzle Dr.'s Owley & Lemerond.
I believe I wore the perfect outfit, which gave me an extra boost of confidence. It was the right mixture of summer, professional, hip and me. I received many compliments on the ensemble and must admit I felt I was one hot mama! :) In contrast, my nemesis, who also interviewed today, looked like a dull frumpy older-than-her-real-age (early 30's) blah. She wore khaki pants, a white shirt and a coral jacket. No jewelry. No make-up. Just her uninteresting short hair and glasses, paired with her serious and arrogant personality.
My interviewers completely remembered my last interview 8 years ago, and noted that I was one of the few people over the course of 30+ years, that they sent a hand written rejection letter to, expressing disappointment for not having two positions to fill. Since they both know me, we were able to skip through the Tell Us About Yourself & Your Work History part, and dive into the questions. Most of the questions were scenarios, or specifics about my approach to therapy. I gave my best and felt I excelled through most of the interview. There were two scenario questions where I found myself stumbling, but then I just acknowledged the fact ("Boy, I'm stumbling through this one aren't I?!") and carried on.
They told me that they were interviewing 5 internal candidates today and tomorrow. If they aren't blown away by one of us, they will interview people from outside the county next. The position is open as of July 7th, so I reckon' it'll be 2-3 weeks before I hear anything. Interestingly, some of my well-qualified co-worker's who applied did NOT get an interview, so I believe they're being quite selective.
If I am offered the job, I'll take it. I'm not certain that I'd be as happy in the new position, but it would serve the future better for me. If I'm offered the job, I'll share more about the pros and cons. If you're dying to know more now, just email me and I'll dish! And if I don't get the job, I'll be just fine. I'm truly not attached to an outcome at this point. Whatever is meant to be will be.
Sounds like you are in pretty exalted company being one of only a few granted an interview. It wil be interested to see what comes of it .
ReplyDelete