Friday, June 11, 2010
Bon Voyage
Soon my brother will leave for an Alaskan Odyssey, and my friend Denise will be immersed in the history and beauty of Germany. I wish you both safe travels and grand adventures! And what about me? Will I be given the opportunity travel to new employment frontiers? Since I last blogged, the Clinical Therapist position opened up, I applied, and am scheduled for an interview next Thursday, June 17th. I'll be interviewing with the two PhD's who initially interviewed me when I applied for a county job. At that time I did not get the job, but I received a hand written letter telling me how great the interview had been, that they wished there had been two positions to fill and to please keep my eye open for future opportunities within the county. I did just that, and five months later interviewed with my current boss for my current position. So, with that bit of history, I plan to walk into this interview and say, "It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since we first did this!", as a way to lighten the mood and jog their memories of how much they liked me before. I remain unattached to any outcome. There would be pros and cons to taking the position, and that's assuming it would be offered to me. The word around cubicle-land is that my nemesis, the arrogant, non-team playing, ladder climbing gal, is certain she will get the job. Maybe she will and maybe she won't. It's hard to know what exactly they will be looking for. And I know sometimes when there are many qualified candidates, it breaks down to whose personality might fit best with the team, or other factors related to office politics. If she gets it, at least I don't have to work with her anymore :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope shawn will have a great trip and your friend Denise as well.
ReplyDeleteAfter all is said and done that position may benefit you either way---a new work aventure if you are chosen and if nemesis gets it you are well rid of her.