Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Pushing It
Yesterday was a limit testing day in which I fared well. I started at the gym with 45 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of core work, followed by a 45 minute Spin class. Later in the day at work, I took my client group on a respectable (meaning there were some decent sized hills) 3 mile hike at a beautiful local park (Minooka, if you care to know). My leg and back did not rebel against these efforts. However, I did stay up past 9:00p.m. watching “The Biggest Loser” (I can’t believe they had the contestants run a marathon without any training! Good way to sustain injuries!), which made me feel like I was fighting through quick sand to get out of bed at 4:00a.m. for a grueling work-out with Ben. I told him what I did yesterday with no ill effects, and he replied, “Great, than we can push it today. Plan to be crushed!” And I was. But in a good way J I’m pushing the envelope again today by having another late night (I realize “late” is a relative term). I’m meeting my high school friends for dinner to resume the exhilarating conversations we didn’t get to finish when we met last month. I doubt I’ll be home before 9p.m., and then tomorrow, it’s up at 4:00a.m. and off to Spin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your comeback sounds great.All that activity without any sx sounds divine!!!
ReplyDeleteI am seeing my doc next week and have decided to ask for an orth referral
my R knee is just going down--after regular leg work and 35" on the elliptical it hurt all day yesterday could barely hold it up on the stairs at work
this am in yoga it would hardly bend and I walk with a decided lopsided gait
ENOUGH ALREADY I'm off to the ortho!!!