Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Getting Regimented

Boy oh boy did vacation mess with my sleep cycle! All that daylight combined with late nights and mornings have made it grueling to return to my 8p.m. bed time and my 4a.m. wake up call. Our backpacking vacations closely mimic my usual sleep schedule, but this was a true lollygaggin' trip.

Yesterday I eased back into life with an upper body, core and Spin work-out. Once I got to work, it took less than an hour for me to feel as if vacation never occurred! Today I met with Ben after 2 weeks off, and he took it easy on me, but make no mistake, come Monday we'll be back to serious ass whoopin's. I had my monthly chiropractic appointment this afternoon, and was thrilled to learn that since I've been stable, I've graduated from traction to the roller table. The roller table is a relaxing experience in which a mechanized rolling pin of sorts beneath the fabric of the table rolls down your spine from neck to lower back, and up again. Ten minutes on the table, a couple quick adjustments and I was outta there. Friday I will have my monthly massage, which will help work out some of the tight kinks I developed on that horrendously long drive to Montana, and by the weekend, I should be feeling like a limp noodle.


P.S. Since it's such a dreary, cold rainy day here, I thought I'd add this uplifting picture showing a section of our yard in full bloom - honeysuckles & ferns.

1 comment:

  1. Life after vacation can be a bit difficult for a few days
    I told you all about my cortisone injections and the great results I seem to be getting It is good to be without pain
    I've been seeing a doc of chinese medicine since I "graduated "from chiropractic care and it is good. I go monthly and have a chinese bodywork called tuina massage usually followed by some apuncture. Next month I'm gonna get cupping instead of acupuncture --just wanna eplore all the stuff. I also had herbs from him after my GI problem last winter.It's my monthly body treat

    ReplyDelete