Friday, May 8, 2009

16th Anniversary

Joe and I are celebrating our 16th anniversary tomorrow! That long ago fateful personal ad has lead to an idyllic life together. We met when I was 22 & Joe was 23. Physically I look the same, except that I now have Jennifer Anniston hair as opposed to my all-one-length wavy, frizzy hair, and I have 6 tattoos. Joe’s appearance has changed from being a bit too thin with bottom-of-the-neck-length hair, to being buff with ass length hair. Outwardly, we’ve succeeded together. Me, finishing my BSW in 1995, the both of us finishing our Masters degrees in 1998, finding good jobs, buying a house in 1999 and embarking on many, many fabulous travels across the country. Inwardly, our personalities and life experiences have helped each other grow for the better. We’re two peas in a pod – sharing similar life goals, outlooks, attitudes and humor. I know how lucky I am to have found my perfect match early in life, and never take a day with Joe for granted.

2 comments:

  1. loved your blog today-- your sentiments are so well put and yet you manage to avoid the sentimentality and mushiness people often display when speaking of deep and lasting feeling.
    congrats on your literary skills as well as your 16yrs with the perfect partner--wish I had done as well!!
    love ya
    mom

    ReplyDelete