Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Race History & Future

As we take this week to rest up for our final race of 2012, I decided to take inventory of just how many races I’ve done since I took on the sport in 2008. Here’s the tally to date (including the race this upcoming Saturday).

5k’s (3.1 miles) = 13
8k’s (4.98 miles) = 2
10k’s (6.2 miles) = 8
15k’s (9.3 miles) = 1
Half Marathons (13.1 miles) = 10

Seeing these totals got me thinking about how I can’t wait to have more halfs under my belt than 5k’s (I did a lot in the early years, but never do them now – just not my thing, too short of a distance, and 5k events are usually too disorganized and non-competitive for my tastes), which then inspired us to plot out our 2013 race schedule. Here’s a preliminary preview:

April 6th – South Shore Half Marathon along the lakefront in Milwaukee
June 15th  – Summerfest Rock-n-Sole Half Marathon – Milwaukee, our 3rd time running it
September 15th  – The North Face Endurance Challenge Trail Half Marathon  - Southern Kettle Moraine, we’ve always done the 10k in this series, now we’ll try the half marathon
October 26th – Lakefront Discovery Run 15k – Milwaukee
November 23rd  – Schaumburg Half Marathon – Illinois, held Thanksgiving weekend in a nature preserve

No comments:

Post a Comment